Verus is a close-knit team of competent, compassionate professionals, working together to serve our clients. We love what we do. We believe in hiring people who are smarter than us. We want our people to learn something new every day. And we are always happy to speak with potential team members who share our values.
Because of our fee-only pricing structure, Verus is not a cutthroat sales environment. We are paid in salaries, not commissions. We are driven by helping others, not blinded by money. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment and the potential for big sales or insurance commissions, there are plenty of opportunities available for that line of work. Just not at Verus.
But if you want to join a good team that helps good people through financial planning, tax advising, and investment guidance, reach out today to learn more about our career opportunities.
Verus Financial Partners
Richmond, Virginia (Hybrid)
Looking for a non-traditional environment as a Tax Manager? No more billable hours? Work life balance?
Verus Financial Partners, an investment and financial advisory firm helping individuals and families, is seeking an individual to fill a tax manager role in their organization. This position includes a generous benefits package, sign on bonus and hybrid work environment.
- Review and sign individual tax returns
- Coordinate preparation of and review of tax projections
- Work directly with tax authorities to resolve client related tax notice issues
- Coordinate with other team members regarding scheduling of tax-related assignments
- Assist in the gathering and dissemination of recent individual tax law changes to team members
- Assist in developing effective tax planning strategies for clients
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accounting certification or Enrolled Agent designation
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Experience working in team-oriented atmosphere
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Effective communication skills
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Susan Cornett, via email, at Susan@verusfp.com.